4.22.2009

Specialty Item

A total 360 from the previous post. I chose to use a "Fun Foam" board for my coasters since cork is difficult to cut through especially when trying to cut circles. Here were my first tries. The edges were a little rough because I was moving the cookie cutter over and back a little too much but later on I just created a tight indent into the foam with the cutter and cut it out with my exacto knife.






Onto the holder and coasters, I wanted something simple and clean. I was going to originally place "coffee jokes" on the back of the coasters but I couldn't find any that weren't lame or less then a paragraph long, so Paige suggested I put coffee facts on the back instead. While customers get their "Cocoa Bean Fix" they can get their "educational fix" as well. Here are the stencils I created of the facts and painted them onto the back.

I wanted the holder to be very simple and I wanted it to be placed on display for customers to grab on the go or to simply take back with them to their seats. Either way its theirs to keep. It was hard trying to use an adhesive to glue that corrugated cardboard curve to the circle bottom so I decided to sew on the bottom instead thus creating an eco-friendly package.

Initial sketch:


Result:









1 comment:

  1. Really like how you got your coasters working Shane! I would just say to keep pushing the arrangement of the logo on the coaster, and maybe the quotes of the back...and then you got it! :)

    ReplyDelete