1.20.2009

Phase #1 - Capers sketches

I narrowed my clients down to 2 and this is the first set of sketches for Capers. It's a family friendly restaurant with a Mediterranean atmosphere and wonderful, flavorful American food. Since its located in an area that is sort of a passing through "aka: short cut or on the go" area I wanted to incorporate some type of movement in the logo, which also led me to bring in the use of road signs. I've already eliminated a few of these since they look a little too "Nascarish."

2 comments:

  1. I've got to ask what Capers actually means. Like, is it a family name or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A caper is actually a flower bud that is pickled and used for seasoning. It's also found throughout the Mediterranean region, hence the Mediterranean atmosphere of the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete