1.20.2009

Phase #1 - Cocoa Bean Cafe sketches

This client wasn't originally in my top three but after passing by it a few times throughout the week I figured it was time for a change and I thought I would have fun with creating a new logo for them. Cocoa Bean Cafe is a little coffee shop located in a Publix shopping area. It's a very calm, relaxing place with free Wifi (YES!) They also serve various pastries and drinks, pretty much your default coffee shop. I made some sketches trying to incorporate the text into the cocoa bean. I want the text to create the image instead of actually drawing it which is what the "C" is doing in the first bean sketch. I'm having a hard time deciding whether the C should be lighter then the other text or darker. I tried some other ideas as well and will continue to experiment with this client throughout the week.



Their current logo:


No comments:

Post a Comment